Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Quicky

I've found my new favorite food: Cheez-it-ish Crackers (pg 10). These are basically homemade cheez-its (durr), but oh-so-much tastier, lighter, and flakier than any packaged cracker I've ever had. I thought that my 15 month old would like them, so instead of using all-purpose flour, as the recipe calls for, I used the Sneaky Chef's baking mix, which I had on hand in the pantry. It's equal parts white flour, wheat flour, and wheat germ. The healthier mix didn't negatively impact the outcome, as far as I can tell. They're browner than the picture in the book, but are still compulsively eatable.
Enjoy your last moments on Earth, crackers.
Charlie does like these crackers, but apparently I like them more, because I've already eaten about 10 of them, and he's only had 1. At the rate I'm going, 1 may be all he gets. They would be awesome on top of yesterday's cauliflower soup. Guess what I'm defrosting for lunch tomorrow.

Conclusion: Love! Sharper and cheesier than any cracker you could buy in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment