Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A drawback

One of the few drawbacks I can think of with The New Persian Kitchen is that it's fairly slim on recipes. Several sections contain 6-8 recipes. Several recipes prominently feature ingredients that aren't in season. I suspect Seared Chicken with Peaches is delightful, but I'm not going to bother making it until summer. I'm still on the prowl for rhubarb. I keep asking at the supermarket, and they keep saying it's not ready yet. I thought now was the time, or a little past the time, but I'm not a rhubarb expert. I have loved what I've made, but I feel like I'm running out of recipes that I can or want to make (I limit my grains, so that's like a whole section that I can't use). There's a lot of gold in this book, though!

I did make Vinegar Carrots with Toasted Sesame Seeds last week, and it was delicious. The sesame oil and rice vinegar were flavors that I wasn't expecting from Persian food, but it was balanced and tasty. Batman even ate some of them (it's impossible to feed him vegetables. Even when he was a baby.) He said he liked them, and that they tasted like McDonald's.
I said, "Your carrots taste like McDonald's??? HOW???"
He said, "Because they're salty and good."

Okay, that's a description I can stand by and approve of. haha!
Also, these kept for a week in the fridge, and were just as good, thrown on salads, as they were the first day.

Conclusion: Liked it.

I also made Naturally Sweet Dried Lime Tea. I ordered dried limes on Amazon, and everything. The whole process was like some weird science experiment, and those limes did SMELL like lime candy.

The finished product tasted like boiled water. I have no photo, because it looked like slightly greenish boiled water.

I have 18 dried limes left, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be carting them around with me for the rest of my life.

Conclusion: Hated it.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot stop laughing at everything about the tea. E V E R Y T H I N G.

    ReplyDelete