Thursday, May 2, 2013

Enh

There were slim pickings in my fridge when we got home from Krakow, but I was able to pull together a dinner of chicken with Tandoori Yogurt Marinade (pg 25 of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.) If you had a hankering for Indian food, but no time to devote to it, this might satisfy your craving. All it did for me was make me want to spend a day this weekend cooking a non-WW friendly Indian feast. I should write an ode to ghee. Mmmm. Ghee. This recipe didn't involve ghee.
That is literally the best I could make it look. I'm hiding the really burned parts.
I don't know how to cook this without burning it. Maybe I cut my chicken too thick. The spiced yogurt marinade is extra thick with a puree of onion, garlic, and ginger, and it adhered/burned to my grill pan. The pan is still soaking.

Conclusion: Just okay.

I believe I've mentioned the pet peeve I have about mediocre recipes that include the word "best" in the title. WW's Best-Ever Black Bean Soup (pg 121) is a prime example. Why didn't they just call it Black Bean Soup? This couldn't possibly be the best, in anyone's estimation. I'm writing this immediately after not-filling-up on it for dinner, so excuse me if I'm a little surly. The soup was thin and unsatisfying. The flavor was fine (cumin and pepper), and the cilantro, scallion, and lime juice topping were nice, but none of that is any different from any other version. The only thing that was different between this recipe and any other version is that you can tell, 100%, that it's diet food. As soon as I washed the dishes, I found myself eating handfuls of pecans out of the fridge. It seemed like a better idea than chewing off hunks of a loaf of bread I bought, because carbs are my biggest nemesis, but then I remembered that nuts are approximately 467,982 points. Woops. There goes my daily allotment.
You owe me a few hundred thousand Points, soup.
Conclusion: Just okay. Food shouldn't make me angry. This did.

2 comments:

  1. Awww - no one should eat angry food :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number one on my London To Do list-Find curry. Eat large amounts.

    ReplyDelete