Saturday, July 27, 2013

FFwD: Peach Melba

A while ago, the French Fridays with Dorie crew made Peach Melba from Around My French Table. I skipped it at the time. Don't remember why, now, but I'm pretty sure it was either because I couldn't get my hands on peaches yet in seasonal-produce-ridden Naples, or because I was dieting in preparation for being a bridesmaid (bridesmatron? Yuck. I'll stick with bridesmaid) in my brother's wedding.

Well, peaches are in season and the diet is over (sort of. I'm going on a new, self-created diet, called "The Common Sense Diet." Ha!), so I made peach melba in a desperate attempt to salvage the crate of peaches I compulsively bought from a roadside stand on our way home from the airport. Those puppies went bad fast.

I have no photo to document the glory, but really, how could poached peaches, vanilla ice cream, and raspberry sauce be bad? It couldn't. It was awesome. That is all.

I'm going to attempt to make up a lot of Dorie recipes in the near future, so brace yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that recipe last year - it was so good.

    I agree - bridesmatron should never be a word :-)

    ReplyDelete