Friday, February 7, 2014

Blackened Steak Salad

Two nights ago, I made Blackened Steak Salad (pg 254 of The Epicurious Cookbook). The spice rub for the steak was delicious, and I will use it again (paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano, thyme).
You can't see it, but there's a whole heap of greenery under there.
The salad component (lettuce, green pepper, sliced red onion (which I grilled, and know I liked better than I would have if I left them raw), tomato, and blue cheese) had too much roughage for me. I enjoyed the first half, but I was tired of chewing halfway through. Some salads are interesting, and give you different flavors with every bite. This wasn't one of them.

Conclusion: I'm going to say Liked It, because the steak part was mighty tasty. I won't make it as a salad again, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment