Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Cop Out

The only reason I made today's recipe is because I had all of the ingredients available and am feeling lazy. I don't usually like orange-flavored desserts, especially the orange and chocolate combo, so I never would have made Nutella Tartine (pg 415) if not for my unwillingness to hit the supermarket today.

This couldn't be easier to make, so if you enjoy chocolate and orange, I highly suggest you try this. Just butter a slice of bread, then broil it. Once toasty, smear with orange marmalade, drizzle with warmed nutella, and sprinkle with kosher salt and hazlenuts. I used toasted pecans instead. This was tasty. Not something I'd crave, but I enjoyed it more than a number of orange/chocolate desserts I've made by Giada de Laurentiis. She's particularly fond of that flavor combo. You'd think I'd stop trying them by now.
Nutella makes everything better.
Conclusion: Liked it. If I were dying for something sweet, I'd throw this together, because the ingredients are always on hand. The salt is a nice touch. It keeps it from being overbearingly sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'm not really into orange marmalade, but I do like mandarin oranges. I wonder how I could work that in...Your tartine looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog!! I love your concept and love the recap of this recipe- the picture does not look like nutella on toast ?!! but it sounds super easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, bHealthier! I'm glad you like it. :-)

    yummychunklet--it would probably be a tasty experiment just to drizzle nutella on mandarin oranges, then top with toasted nuts and a bit of salt. Couldn't be bad, right? Plus, without the bread, you can eat twice as much! (And this is why I don't lose weight. hahahaha)

    ReplyDelete